Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Offers 10 good domains - xmas charity auction - please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok so we are all looking forward to xmas and spending time with our family and what presents we have bought and are going to receive.

It is so easy to forget about those who are much less fortunate than ourselves, and those people who will end up with nothing or have no family around them over xmas.

I am 30 now, and up until approx 6 years ago I feel ashamed to say that I was quite arrogant and ignorant to homeless people / big issue sellers and saw them as scum of the earth.

My thoughts totally changed when one day I saw a homeless man (big issue seller), helping a woman who had collapsed in the street, into the near by tesco to get help. I thought of this act as very caring and thoughtful and made me realise that these people are real people with real feelings, and just because they are homeless, it doesn't mean they are "scum of the earth"

I have since over the years, had numerous chats to this homeless man (simon) and he has told me some of the stuff that happens to people on the streets, and how alot of them end up there through no fault of their own, which has totally pulled at my heart strings.

I buy the big issue very often now, and it is great to see the sellers face when you give them £10 or £5 and tell them to keep the change. To put it in perspective, I would have wasted that £10 in less than 5 minutes on fastfood or some other worthless crap.

I have also read the story of how the big issue selles work and what it means to them : Coming Up from the Streets: The Story of the "Big Issue": Anita Roddick, Tessa Swithinbank: Amazon.co.uk: Books

This is a fantastic read and I recommend it to everyone, as it really does show you how good the big issue is for homeless people and what it does to improve their lives, this also shows you more insight to how big issue sellers work : Big Issue

Anyway enough rambling, but I have decided to list some of my domains for sale on here in an auction which will end on sunday at 6pm and the highest bidder will win ALL of the following domains, and the proceeds will all be donated to the big issue charity.

Here is the list of 10 domains, and dig deep as it is all for a good cause.

clubbingdresses.co.uk
comparsionsite.org.uk
convertibles.org.uk
davidcassidy.co.uk
gamestoplay.org.uk
greyhoundresults.co.uk
jeremyclarkson.org.uk
lifestylefinance.co.uk
modeljobs.org.uk
pinedresser.co.uk

Remember you are bidding for ALL 10 domains !!!!

Good luck and merry xmas :)

a noble cause domainseller

my wife had/has a distant relative who lived on the street, because of this she has always expressed her feelings for those less fortunate than us. there has been times when she will suddenly make me stop the car, while she takes a a fiver or a tenner out of her bag to give to someone sleeping in a shop doorway......to be honest while I appreciated her kind side i would take the mick out of her a little.....just for the banter,nothing to serious.

In recent years my attitude has also changed for the better.

Rather than give an odd quid here and there to one of these guys I hold back, coz a pound won't really change there day.

Sometimes at complete random I will stop and give one of them a treat.
Try giving one of these guys a twenty or fifty pound note. You can see there entire mood transformed in a heartbeat. And your own spirits will be lifted for days.

I'll bid £100

Worth cause indeed! It's v easy to forget about them, and keep walking buy. However, I once treated one to a meal, and they turned it down, as they were veggie :O

I love the Big Issue, not only is it a genuinely good read, but it gives people who have fallen on hard times a way for them to help themselves, with the associated dignity and feeling of self worth. Pay over the cover price, and pay often is my method.

£120 bid. :)

However, I once treated one to a meal, and they turned it down, as they were veggie :O

Couldn't you have treated "one" to a veggie meal - or did you just offer your leftovers? :confused:

Couldn't you have treated "one" to a veggie meal - or did you just offer your leftovers? :confused:

Not at all. I was going in to pick up my takeaway, and saw the homeless guy, so ordered double, and gave him his one...

Guys thanks for your kind words, and your realisation of this worthwhile charity.

Robmal is spot on with his words "it gives people who have fallen on hard times a way for them to help themselves, with the associated dignity and feeling of self worth" this is exactly how I see them and I have utmost respect for them for doing this.

I am very happy to see other people (mojoco, jeewhizz and robmal) involved and adding their bis / thoughts to this :)

Come on fellow domainers :)

This is a very worthy cause and the winner also wins some decent (ish) domains ;)

Greyhound results gets 14,800 exact match searches a month ! that domain alone is worth £100 as it is also .co.uk ;)

Come on ! ;)

I would never, ever give money to a homeless person. Give them food and a hot drink if you like but never cash.

I only donate to children and animals anyway. A homeless person can pick themselves up if they need to.

I would never, ever give money to a homeless person. A homeless person can pick themselves up if they need to.

No one here is talking about giving money to a homeless person, we are talking about giving to a charity that helps homeless people pick themselves up.

I assume you never give money directly to animals either, no offence but it is not a lot of use to them. :D

I would never, ever give money to a homeless person. Give them food and a hot drink if you like but never cash.

I only donate to children and animals anyway. A homeless person can pick themselves up if they need to.

If only life was that simple!

You remind of the person I was a years ago. Maybe you should read the big issue book and see what I mean, and maybe your views would change

Or even read this also : He was just a man with a pram maybe that will give you a better idea of how a homeless person can't "pick themselves up if they need to"

wow. just read that story 'he was just a man with a pram'. quite an eye-opener.

wow. just read that story 'he was just a man with a pram'. quite an eye-opener.

Yes dragon most definatly an eye opener, and shows that people are not just drug users or alcoholics who end up on the streets.

3 hours left on this ! Robmal is the highest bidder at £120 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom