Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

it.com “Push Your Limits and Make It Happen”: Veronika Stūriška, BMX World Champion

Reaction score
Staying focused on your goal and pushing your limits to achieve success is not easy – whether in sports, in life, or in business. Ahead of the Paris 2024 Olympics, Veronika Stūriška, the new Brand Ambassador of it.com Domains and BMX World Champion, shares her tips on how to get a step closer to your dream.

We have interviewed Veronika as she is getting ready for her first BMX race at the Olympic Games 2024 in Paris. Get to know our new brand ambassador, her career journey and recipes to success.

it.com Domains: We are honored to have you joining it.com Domains as a brand ambassador. What does it mean for you to be an ambassador for a tech brand?

Veronika Stūriška:
It feels really big, as it.com Domains are my first big supporter. I’m super happy to be a part of the team, to have your name on my jersey and helmet, and to show the whole world the brand who believes in me.

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 13.48.19.png

it.com Domains: One of the key messages that it.com Domains is keen to deliver to the world is ‘Dare to Dream’. Was professional sport always a dream of yours?

VS:
I started riding when I was about six years old. At first, my brother and I were training just for fun, but then I broke my arm and took a five-year break. My cousin was still doing BMX racing. One day when I was 12, I was visiting him, and I really wanted to ride his BMX. He said no, and I got mad, cause I just felt like riding!

So I texted my coach and just got back into training. Importantly, I contacted him myself, as my mom told me it had to be my decision. From that day, I have been in love with BMX racing and I still am. Now I’m in Paris getting ready for my first Olympics.

it.com Domains: It’s inspiring that you found a path you are passionate about. For those who don’t know the thrill of riding a BMX, how would you describe the feeling?

VS:
I like to ride my bike in the evening, on the sunset, with no wind, no one troubling me. But when I face an 11 meter jump, it’s a thrill. The adrenaline you get from it, the butterflies in your belly when you go down, it’s very special.

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 13.49.00.png

it.com Domains: 18 is quite an early age to face the challenges of the Olympics. Can you talk us through your training and competition experience that led you to it?

VS:
I’m training every day. Now that I’m finishing high school and already got through the exams, I get up at 9 a.m. and do two training sessions a day – gym or a bike sprint, and track. I can say that I am a routine person. I like what I’m doing every day. If I stick to my routine, it takes me where I want to go.

it.com Domains: Many athletes have rituals to prepare mentally and physically for competitions. Do you have any?

VS:
Before a big race, I’m laying in my bed and visualizing my perfect lap, how will I do every jump. And I’m always imagining that I’m first.

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 13.49.18.png

it.com Domains: Is there someone (a coach, a family member or a friend) who had a major impact on your career? Why them?

VS:
I’m just looking up to my mom. She is the most hard working person I know, and watching her makes me want to work even harder. She always knows when I need a little push, or feels when I need a bit of a break.

it.com Domains: Is it true that in extreme sports, half of success is handling pressure and stress that comes with it?

VS:
I think it is. I know a few people who are stressed when someone is watching. Personally, I like that performance part, it’s the best when someone is watching – I know I have to do even better. All I have is 30 seconds, and in those 30 seconds I have to give it all.

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 13.49.43.png

it.com Domains: Do you have any techniques you use for staying focused and performing at a high level under pressure?

VS:
Usually the first lap is the most stressful – then you get into it. I always remember what my coach said to me before one race – it was very hot, 44 degrees Celsius, so it was not an easy one. He said: “Everyone’s the same, everyone is in the same conditions, so you just have to do your best”. Another thing he always says: “No one is putting any pressure on you, it’s just a race, so do what you can and have fun”. ‘Have fun’ are the two words that help me.

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 13.50.05.png

it.com Domains: How do you handle competition?

VS:
Well, on the track we are competitors, but outside of it we are friends. We’re just a bunch of kids riding bikes and having fun.

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 13.50.28.png

it.com Domains: How does it feel to be at your first Olympics?

VS:
I still haven’t wrapped my head around the fact I’ll be competing in the Olympics – it’s only the biggest sports event in the world! I’m trying to calm myself down with the fact that I’ll be racing the same people I meet at other championships, it’s just the venue that’s new. But when the day comes, it will probably be the most stressful day of my life.

it.com Domains: It’s crucial for us to share values with the athletes we support. As we said before, ‘Dare to Dream’ is an important statement for it.com Domains. Do you have a dream?

VS:
I do have a dream, but I won’t share it just yet. I hope I can show it soon enough.

it.com Domains: If not the dream – can you share any future plans or goals you have?

VS:
My next big step is the Olympics. Then I’ll go to the U.S. for the local races – I’m keen to get more fans there. Next year it’s the World and European championships, the big events in BMX. And in 2026 the preparations for the Los Angeles Olympic games begin.

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 13.50.51.png

it.com Domains: That sounds very well-planned. Have you ever thought about what you would do if not professional sports? Was there ever a second choice, a plan B?

VS:
I would probably study and spend more time with friends. But really there is no plan B. I have to make plan A happen.

it.com Domains: And the final question. For those who are still looking for their paths and dreams – can you share any advice to stay focused and achieve success?

VS:
Success doesn’t come easy. You can’t become a world champion in one day – it’s about work you put into achieving your dream. You have to push your limits and make it happen.

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 13.51.07.png

Looking for more inspiring stories? Visit it.com Domains blog and follow us on social media.

Continue reading at the it.com Domains blog...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom